Come Help Us Create a Better Future With Drones!
UX/UI designer intern
We are looking for a creative UX/UI designer intern who is passionate about how to make things easier for the client, loves to fuse design with technology, is eager to research the client's needs, dares ask the hard questions, and challenges old truths. You thrive when you get to make sense of the most ambiguous and abstract problems. You don’t wait around for directions, you take initiative. Come and help us create a better future with drones. You will primarily be working with a cross-functional, motivated, and inclusive team made of tech developers, designers, marketers, and drone experts. Our goal is to raise our Crowddroning product to new heights, making it easier for the clients to order data, and for the pilots to sign up and fly their drones. Our mission is to save lives, reduce climate change, and make the world a better place, and we do that with drones. By developing our product, you are directly contributing to our mission and helping people globally.
This position is an internship to fulfill an educational requirement. Therefore, the ideal candidate is either a last-year student or a recent graduate who is looking for her/his first experience. As a startup, we are expanding our team with new roles, and are looking for new skills to fill new roles that we never had before. Therefore, you have the possibility to really influence the future of the company and accompany us on our journey after your internship as there is a big possibility for full-time employment after the end of the internship.
- Take responsibility for one or more parts of the user experience: mapping user journeys, interactions, information architecture, and designing interfaces.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and tech developers to design new functionalities in a fast-paced environment and deliver strategically sound, conceptually based, iconic experiences.
- Deliver engaging, usable, effective designs across our digital touchpoints for all phases of UI and interactive design work from concept through to live.
- Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts as well as help us drive and grow our UX practice in the company.
- Utilize and evolve the principles, patterns, and styles in our digital style guidelines and components library so that they remain up to date.
- Works with brand guidelines yet can expand on it.
- Degree or ongoing education in design, UX/UI, marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Adobe creative cloud and Figma.
- Fluent English is required, Swedish is desired.
- Cultural awareness and love to work in a multicultural environment.
- The ability to self-teach themselves and be independent.
The following are not requirements but a big plus
- Knowledge of drones
- Passionate about sustainability
- This Internship is both remotely and at the office.
- This internship demands your own computer to work on. If getting employed after the internship, GLOBHE will provide you with one.
- In case you have a portfolio, link it within your application.
What it's like to work here
We are a team of innovators, creators, tech geeks, and social impact believers, but above all, we are a team of dreamers and doers. GLOBHE is a startup on a mission to create a better future with drones. Our drones prevent malaria outbreaks, track water pollution, respond to natural disasters, and inspect infrastructure around the world.
We are a small core team connected to a global network of drone pilots redefining the use of drones. At GLOBHE we are firm believers that the future of possible is already here and passionate about using innovative technology and collaborations to show it. We value an impressive CV but at the end of the day, it’s all about the right attitude and passion.
We've built a lively remote work culture that emphasizes regular personal interaction. Work-life balance is important and we strive to ensure everyone has enough time for family, friends, exercise, hobbies, and mental health. In our opinion, a happy and healthy team is an essential ingredient to finding creative solutions to the challenges we're trying to solve. We don’t value the “working 9-5” at the office attitude, we value creativity, passion, and getting things done.
GLOBHE is committed to building a diverse and actively inclusive work environment that makes our team an excellent home for everyone. If you have a dog, the GLOBHE office is its second home.
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your CV, your portfolio, and a motivation letter.